Information for Deck Plans
2 sets of plans are needed showing the following:
- Site plan showing distance to rear and side property lines
- Manufacturer specifications for the pressure treated lumber
- Manufacturer specifications for all hangers, nails, screws and connectors
- Dimensions and spacing of beams and joists
- Footing locations and dimensions
- Stair detail including the rise and run of treads
- Railing detail including cross section details for handrails
- Guard height and details
- Details for attachment to house, if applicable
- Details for connection of posts and beams. Notching of posts is acceptable with an engineers seal. COnnections must be bolted.
* Due to the corrosive nature of the new pressure treated lumber, all joist hangers, nails, bolts, anchors, connectors and screws, must be a minimum of G185 Hot Dipped galvanized or stainless steel.
Submissions must have all of the above information plus a completed permit application and proper fees.